Cats vs Dogs

ZZZzzzzz....

Hello Everybody!

Which animal do you like more, dogs or cats? I like them both the same. They’re both great animals. I have two dogs named, Leo and Piggy, and one cat named, Milo! I made a post on Leo, so make sure to click the link and check it out! I might do posts on Piggy and Milo soon too, so come to my blog again soon!

Today I am going to be writing fun facts about both dogs and cats. and by the end of the post I will declare which animal is more interesting! I am going to have 6 rounds, and I am using # to  show which animal won each round. By the end of the post I am going to add up each animals #’s and tell you who won!

1.  A group of cats is called a clowder.  #

A group of dogs is called a pack, if they’re in the wild.

2. The average cat can live up to 12 to 15 years #

The average dog  can live up to 10 to 13 years, but it is different for  each dog breed.

3. The oldest cat lived for 38 years, her name was Cream Puff.   #

The oldest dog lived 29 years and 5 months, his name was Bluey.

4. The tallest cat in the world, is a savanna cat that reaches just over 9 inches!

The tallest dog, is a Great Dane named Zeus, he is around 44 inches tall!  #

5. The smallest cat in the world is named, Tinker Toy and she is 2.75 inches tall and  7.5 inches    long

The smallest dog in the world is named, Milly and she is 3.8 inches tall and 6 inches long.  She as small as a coke bottle! #

6. The longest tailed cat has a tail that is 44.66 cm long. Her name is Cygnus.

The longest tailed dog has a tail that is 76.8 cm long. His name is Keon. #

Since its a tie, I am going to add one last question, the tie breaker. The question is….. What animal can hear higher frequencies ? Believe it or not, A cat can hear higher frequencies. A cat can hear up to 60 kilohertz, while a dog can hear up to 40 kilohertz. Humans can only hear up to 20 kilohertz. Wow cats can hear really high frequencies!  Well that tells you, cats won!  Even though cats won, Dogs and cats are  both, in my opinion, equally interesting animals! Do you have any cats or dogs at home? Also,Tell me in the comments if you agree with me that cats won!

Goodbye and have a nice day!

Sincerely, Abbey

WickedVT via Compfight

11 thoughts on “Cats vs Dogs

1. Abbey Post author

Hello Nick, (or dad)
      Do you like dogs or cats more? By the sounds of it you seem to like dogs more. I did not know that Milo wakes up every night! I guess I am asleep at that time. Which of our animals do you like best? I am guessing you like Piggy the most. I hope you comment on my blog again soon! Love you!
      Sincerely, Abbey

Reply
  1. Trey

Hello Abbey. I have two cats and a dog named Taylor. I don’t know what I prefer, I like them both the same. I liked reading your facts and most of these I didn’t know. Bye now, Trey

Reply
    1. Abbey Post author

Hello Trey,
      Thanks for commenting on my blog! What are your cats names? Taylor sounds like a cute name for your dog! What type of dog is she?
      Its really hard to pick which animal I like better! They are both such cute, interesting and cool animals! (: Some of the facts even surprised me! especially the world record facts. ( Who knew a dogs tail could be that long!) Goodbye and have a awesome day!
      Sincerely, Abbey

Reply
  2. Nick

Yep you are sound asleep when that little bugger starts meowing at 4:00 in the morning!!!!
    I like all our animals they all have their good and bad points, Piggy farts, Leo howls and Milo wakes me up. But they are all happy to see us when we get home which is cool 👍

Reply
  3. Giselle

Dear Abbey,

In my opinion I like dogs better. Dogs like to run, jump and play a lot. They are just a bit more energetic. Although some cats do like to play like that. I as well have a dog, her name is Luna. I have never owned a cat in my life. Well, maybe once, but it wasn’t really my kitten. My question for you is, where did you find all of these cool facts? Make sure to come check out my blog; here is the link: https://goo.gl/xXKXmU

Sincerely,
    Giselle M.

Reply
    1. Abbey Post author

Hello Giselle,
      I think dogs are more energetic as well, but lots of kittens are also like that. Luna sounds like a very cute name for a dog! What type of dog is she? You can find most of the fun facts I got for my cat facts at http://www.sciencekids.co.nz/sciencefacts/animals/cat.html Most of my dog facts are from a lot of different websites, but the website I got the world records from is at http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/dog-world-record-holders_uk_56f2855fe4b08af01be9e144 I do not really understand what you meant when you said you had a kitten that was not really yours, can you tell me more about that? I will make sure to come check out your blog soon! Goodbye and have a awesome day!
      Sincerely, Abbey

Reply
  4. Natalie

Dear Abbey,
    I actually prefer dogs mostly because they’re more energetic and active. I actually have a dog named Simba he is a beagle-chihuahua mix and he is 3 years old. I have a post about him if you want to check it out I’ll leave the link for it right here https://goo.gl/krS9GW. By the way I love how you made a battle with facts about cats and dogs I actually made a random fact post the link is right here https://goo.gl/YJBm8C.
    Sincerely,
    Natalie V.

Reply
    1. Abbey Post author

Hello Natalie,
      I agree with you that dogs are more energetic and active, but sometimes that can be hard, because you have to let them outside a lot and walk them everyday. It takes quite a lot of work to take care of a dog sometimes, especially if you have two of them. If you read my post on Leo you would know that he is a beagle mix like yours! (He is part springer spaniel.) He is a bit older then your dog though, He is almost 5 years old. ( his birthday is in 5 days.)
      I will defiantly check out your post on your dog, and your other post on random facts. My question for you is, If you got to choose another pet to keep (besides your dog) what animal would you choose? I would defiantly choose to have a horse! They are my favorite animals! What is your favorite animal? Goodbye and have a awesome day!
      Sincerely, Abbey

Reply
  5. Sarah

Hi Abbey! It’s Sarah. I really like the kind of post you did! I never would have thought of a sort animal fact competition. I think it’s really cool! I’m soon going to write a post about my animals. I have 1 dog that lives with me, named Thor, and another dog, Molly, that lives with my dad. My 2 cats, Max and Ruby, live with my brother. Personally, I like dogs and cats equal, even though my dog sometimes wake me up when I’m sleeping because he sees himself in the mirror. Anyway, I love the post! Have a great day!
    ~Sarah

Reply
    1. Abbey Post author

Hello Sarah,
      Thanks for commenting on my post! I am glad you liked it! I will defiantly read the post on your pets after you have posted it. They all sound pretty cute! That’s funny that your dog gets scared when he sees himself in the mirror. I wonder why he does that. Why do you think he does that? What breed is your animals? I have two dogs. A beagle named Leo and another dog named Piggy. I also have a cat named Milo! Goodbye and have a nice day!
      Sincerely, Abbey

Reply